Monday, August 10, 2009

Can you tell me how to get back to the subway from Avenue Q?

Princeton and I ,goofing around.

last week , I went to NYC, to see Avenue Q, had not seen the show since it Opened 6 years ago. I was Lucky enough to work on the show For Rick Lyon's Company, "The Lyon Puppets", It came at a great time since I had just finished doing some work on "Crank Yankers" and was dealing with my first year of "Freelance" puppet building. I had done some work with Rick here and their over the years , on weekends , when i was off from my job as a puppet builder for the Jim Henson Company.

Avenue Q was great a great experience. Not only is Rick a accomplished performer, and Puppeteer, he is a wonderful Puppet designer as well, and Avenue Q really showed that.It was a Honor to be part of what truly was a Ground breaking Theatre experience, and it not often that Puppet Builders get their names in Playbill.
Thanks and Congratulations to Rick Lyon, and Avenue Q for 6 amazing years on Broadway.

read carefully , I'm in their somewhere :)

1 comment: